"Dont ever doubt your beauty....
from God, or from man"

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Project Light.

Since I've only ever posted my photography projects here on my blog I decided to mix it up a bit and start posting some of my art projects that I tackle. This project I found online at one of my favorite sites. Pinterest. Its a lamp made out of doilies, wallpaper paste, and a balloon. I picked up a hanging lamp kit at walmart for five bucks and I bought the doilies at a local consignment store for eight bucks. Cheapest lamp i've ever bought!
and of course since my passion is my photography I made it a photography project as well. :) 

I gathered the supplies I needed: Paintbrush, plastic container to hold the paste, newspaper, wallpaper paste, and of course a glass of ice water! Need to stay hydrated :) 



























 I took the balloon and marked where the doilies were going to lay on the balloon so it was easier once the doilies were covered in the wallpaper paste. 


I then cut the extra parts off that I didnt want on the doilies.. I didnt think this matched very well....














We then started covering the balloon with the soaked doilies, this was a little harder than I thought it was going to be... but we eventually got it to work.








I assembled the light kit that I bought at walmart, and I bought a clear round light bulb so it would match the overall design of the lamp!




Now we wait for it to dry..... :)






I'll post the finished product as soon as it's dry.... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment